Before you ask the audience multiple choice questions, you first have to give them instructions. The more clear it is, the smoother the process of voting will go.
Instructions for the audience
- Mobile switched on?: In advance of the presentation announce that the audience can leave their mobile phones on, but on a ‘silent mode’.
- Time to react?: Explain clearly how the audience can vote via Send2Vote. Simply take the time and prepare well. Your speaker card (http://c260856 NULL.r56 NULL.cf1 NULL.rackcdn NULL.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Sprekerskaart-21-10 NULL.pdf) will help you explain the procedure step by step in a quick and easy way.
- Respond Explanation: Voting works as follows:
- Start the message with the word ‘Option*’, followed by a
- Enter your answer [a/b/c etc.]
- Send the message to 2255.
- Specify that messages are not case sensitive
- Indicate that the maximum length of an SMS may have [160 characters]
- Specify that no additional costs will be charged by sending a message
- Discuss the results: Take the results serious. This way the audience will feel that their opinion is appreciated and will be heard. It is also necessary to mention what happens with the send in messages, so that people understand that their input is valuable.
* Attention! Per event, the word [in this case ‘Option’] can be different. When non-Dutch phone numbers are participating, the number +316 4250 0030 will be used instead of 2255.
Explanation slide that is shown to the audience about how Send2Vote works via TXT messaging:
Tips for the optimal usage:
- Reading: Read the statement to the audience.
- Take the time: Give the audience time to send in their message. Subdivide the statements for better understanding.
- Questions ready: It is useful to set up a few possible answers in advance. In case the audience does not send that many answers immediately, the moderator can put the prepared answers on the screen. This will motivate the participants.
- Anonymity: The power of the application is the anonymity. Asking people what answer they sent in is fine as long as it is voluntarily.