How to poll your audience through SMS with Sendsteps?
Use SMS polling or SMS voting to collect live feedback from your audience. No need to install apps; everyone can participate, from smartphones to older mobile phones. It’s really simple! The next 3 steps will explain you how to use the tool:
Create free account: a free account allows unlimited use for groups up to 20 attendees.
- Complete your account setup and start adding your first vote to your Powerpoint.
- The Sendsteps Powerpoint add-in will publish your polling question onto two slides; the actual question slide and a result slide.
- For every first question an explanation slide is added.
This is an instruction text for the audience on how to respond using SMS.
Now that you’ve added a poll into your powerpoint presentation using the Sendsteps PowerPoint add-in, you can start polling your audience!
Let people vote: the magic is about to happen. Here’s how your audience can cast their vote:
- Tell your audience to now grab their smartphones and cells
- No need to download apps; simply show attendees the mobile number to text to
- Alternatively, smartphone users can also make use of the Sendsteps mobile response website
- Kick-off in a light way and start with an easy question to let the audience experience the voting process.
Can you sense the vibe already? You’ll notice how attendees are eager to contribute to your story!
Show the results! You’re now about to find out the results of your vote:
- As attendees cast their vote, you’ll find a live update of the incoming votes in the vote counter on the powerpoint slide
- Once you’ve received a fair amount of votes, click through to the next slide and find the results; a great moment to deepen your audience dialogue!
- Next to the live results of a poll or survey, you can also look back results after your presentation.
The data is automatically saved onto your Sendsteps dashboard where you can further review, analyze and share data.
Who can use Sendsteps?
Sendsteps can be used in all kind of settings where people gather. Think of business meetings, stakeholder sessions, scientific conferences or in a classroom setting, where teachers test the knowledge of students. Sendsteps can be used for polling purposes, but next to that it is also a great way to collect open feedback; for example, questions to a speaker or ideas during a brainstorm!
Get help with creating interactive event
Next to assistance in the practical use of the tool, we also help you to setup your interactive event. We help you with formulating triggering questions, to schedule appropriate interaction moments and we suggest you what to do with the results after your event. You’ll see that involving your audience into conversation will add a complete new dimension to your event!